Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Road ahead

Over the past few months I feel like God has given me a chance to look back over the past year to evaluate, and marvel, and sit in wonder at all He has done.  In a fast paced culture, I think it's extremely easy to lose the gift of "wonder."  We are constantly go, go, go, and fail to recognize the beauty of the moment.


Sarah and I have been in a bit of a transitional stage for a few months here, and we foresee that this stage has potential to last for another 6-7 months or so.  But as of late, I feel as though God has been beckoning me to see the beauty of the moment, even in an "akward" transitional stage.  I tend to have an American mindset in all of this, and want to see the beauty that may be forming in the "un"- beautiful moments of transition.


1 Peter 1. 6-7
There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a while.  These trials will show that your faith is genuine.  It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold- though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.  So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.


God has been challenging me to see these "trials" as a refining process.  Instead of complaining I will be grateful that God sees future potential in Sarah and I and he cares enough to burn out the impurities that will hinder what he wants to do through us.


So today if you are living in a refining season, embrace it and thank God that He sees potential in you and wants to purify you for a better purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment